Various training programs and incentives are available to assist employers to provide quality training for their employees in order to remain competitive in today’s global economy.
English Language Learners
English as a Second Language courses are offered free of charge to all eligible students. Locations are available throughout Lake County. Contact the Office of Adult Education at the College of Lake County by calling 847-543-2021.
Employer Training Investment Program (ETIP)
The Employer Training Investment Program is a state-funded initiative that reimburses companies for up to 50% of approved training costs. While this program is state-administered, one of our Job Center Partners, Lake County Partners, would be pleased to assist your company with the application process and/or to answer any questions that you may have.
Incumbent Worker Training Grant
Incumbent worker training helps employers upgrade the skills of their workforces in order to become and remain competitive in both regional and global markets. IWT is therefore "employer driven" and responds to changes in market conditions as well as the introduction of new technology into the workplace. The employer is the primary customer and primary beneficiary of the training. For additional information, please contact 847-377-3450.
The OJT Program reimburses the business for the extraordinary costs involved with training a qualified worker in a semi-skilled or skilled position that pays a minimum wage of $9.00 per hour.
For more information, call 847-377-3450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
SCSEP places qualified individuals ages 55+ in employment situations for approximately 20 hours per week. Preferred work sites include non-for-profit agencies that will help participants enhance their work skills. Employers who are interested in becoming a work site can contact SER Jobs for Progress at 847-623-3347.
The Workforce and Professional Development Institute of Lake County College helps entrepreneurs, businesses, government and non-profit organizations of all sizes to improve their effectiveness. The five areas of the Institute can meet your own or your organization's professional needs through a combination of training, coaching and consulting. Call 847-543-2615 or go to wpdi.clcillinois.edu for more information.
The five areas include:
- Client Solutions - Provides customized training, consulting and coaching for employee development at companies and organizations.
- Continued Professional Development - Provides training to enhance current job skills and to learn new ones with vocational training.
- Illinois Small Business Development Center - Provides one-to-one consulting and workshops for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance (PTAC) - Provides assistance in marketing and selling products and services to federal, state and local government agencies.
- Judicial Services - Providing programs for the 19th Judicial Circuit.
Attend the Sales Force Effectiveness Briefing on December 4th